[postgis-users] Using OGR2OGR to export postgis data to other mapinfo

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Wed Jun 11 05:47:40 PDT 2003

Is it possible to use OGR2OGR to export postgis spatial data to mapinfo
format.

I tried (I think the latest build of OGR2OGR) and when I do --

1) It exports the whole database - can't figure out how to specify just one
table
2) It doesn't create the .tab file just the dat files, id and .map files for
each pg table (although I did exit out before it reached completion for the
whole database).

The syntax I was using is

ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File"  test PG:dbname=dnddts

As a work around - I've been using pgsql2shp to dump to shape and then using
OGR2OGR to dump the shape to mapinfo format.  It would be nice to skip that
additional step.

Thanks,
Regina