[postgis-users] PostGIS upgrade

Paul Scott paul at in2one.co.za
Thu Dec 23 00:44:42 PST 2004

I have just completed one of the easiest, seamless upgrades I have ever
experienced from PostGIS 0.7x to latest tarball from refrcations.net.
The [english] documentation is excellent, and I didn't experience any
problems whatsoever...

Just a few comments:

New users should be made aware of the GEOS and Proj flages in the
Makefile - there is no longer a reference to them in the documentation

Possibly include a shell script to download and install all dependencies
as well to make the installation easier for new users, I have had
reports from some people that they have given up on the install because
its "too difficult" (non RPM distro users)

Thanks for a great product!

--Paul

--
Linux User #348957