[postgis-users] Hosting Co-op (was PostGIS hosting?)

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Mar 23 15:45:17 PST 2004

Thanks Paul, what do you end up doing then in your situation?  Do you come
to a consensus on when/what to upgrade, etc. or do you have numerous
isolated installations happening to avoid the problem altogether?

Like any cooperative, a consensus-style planning approach would be
integral to the longer term success and stability.  I'd wager that for
many people, they'd just like to get a basic setup working to act as a
proof of concept.  I'd consider having a development server for that and a
production server for stability.  With the right number of people this
could still remain cost effective.