[postgis-users] How to import e00 files?

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue May 4 16:32:28 PDT 2004

--- Darren Houston <dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca> wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/e00pg
>
> This tool is old, but I've used it before (over a year ago) and it worked.
>
> HTH,
>
> Darren H.

I just tried this & it mostly worked :-(

I haven't tried Franks maptools suggestions yet.

While the e00pg worked fine to get the line segments into PostGIS, & they
display fine with JUMP, the e00 file (I think) contained topology info
describing how to make polygons from the line segments. Each polygon is built
up from a 1 OR MORE line segments.

Will the maptools approach support the building of the polygons?

Or is there any way with JUMP to create polygons from PostGIS LINESTRINGS, when
the outer boundary of each polygon may be built up from several lines?

ie: can JUMP take the line data & build the polygon topology?

I believe PostGIS allows me to convert single LINESTRINGS to polygons, but not
create a polygon from several lines comprising the outer & more comprising
inner
polygons. Prob better asked on the PostGIS list....

Thanks,

   Brent Wood