[postgis-users] Buffer bug ?

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 07:43:04 PDT 2005

Are you sure? In your first reply (6.1) it looks as if it's just the CREATE
TABLE statement that takes 345ms, and not the result of "SELECT
collect(lga_geom) FROM temp_lg_annee_bis GROUP BY lga_annee" which is the
part we would be interested in.

> The bug occurs with geos 2.1.4 too ...

Hmmmm OK. The next thing to do would be to create your temp_lg_annee_bis
table and then use pg_dump to make a copy of the table. Then try creating a
brand new database, load PostGIS into it, restore the copy of your table and
try the query again.

If this fails then it may also be worth trying this with a brand new
compiled/installed copy of PostgreSQL 7.4/PostGIS 0.9.1/GEOS 2.1.4 which
will ensure that it's not a corrupted database causing the problem.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way