[postgis-users] bugs in postgis-1.0RC2 with postgres 7.2.1

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Wed Feb 9 01:00:35 PST 2005

Hi, Alex,

alex bodnaru schrieb:

>>>- We include the patch "as is" into the PostGIS CVS, and document it, so
>>>everyone has access to it, and your build process applies it whenever
>>>building for woody.
>
> though i love to see woody specific support in postgis, the general
> postgis approach contains generic support for postgresql 7.2. if we
> could detect the pgjdbc version, patch and unpatch will run
> automatically as required. i would happily do it, please just inform me
> how.

I think that we cannot use the version information that was extracted
for compiling PostGIS itsself (the C code) because we have no guarantee
that the pgjdbc.jar is the same version. In fact, I currently use the
8.0 jar file because of some huge improvements, but have a V7.4 server.

I'm not really shure how we can do it. It may be necessary to use java
code for this version extraction, or do some "probe compiling".

> p. s. would this work on postgresql 7.1?

I have no idea. As far as I know, PostGIS itsself only supports 7.2 and
upper. Is there any real need to use a pgjdbc 7.1 jar against a 7.2
server running PostGIS?

Markus