[postgis-users] Re: Help with finding multi-variate clusters

Eli Dylan Lorimer e.d.lorimer at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 06:57:46 PDT 2005

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I might look into writing that function as you
suggested, but I feel slightly limited in that I'm making the SQL
requests in the form of a WFS request to GeoServer which in turn is
speaking to PostGIS and so I'm not sure if I can add my own functions
and then have my WFS requests trigger them. I'll have to look into
this and figure it out.

I see what you are saying, it being an iterative algorithm and not
really suited for set operations as such. Hum, I still feel like with
the spatial operators there must be a way to get what I'm looking
for, even if I have to make multiple WFS requests or something.

Maybe someone else on this list might know of a way to do this?

Anyway, cheers.
./dylan