[postgis-users] Re: Help with finding multi-variate clusters

Josh@oklieb josh at oklieb.net
Wed Jul 13 07:09:10 PDT 2005

You may not fuss about the algorithm, but this happens to be
something that geostatistics handles rather well and sql hacks not
well at  all. In particular, it gives you no idea of the strength of
the clustering.

There has been work done on OGC web processing services (WPS) which
can place algorithms from something like R or GRASS in front of or
behind a WFS. A back-end approach might be to write a postgresql
procedure. If all else fails, try desktop GIS...

Josh Lieberman