[postgis-users] Re: Help with finding multi-variate clusters

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Jul 13 07:58:28 PDT 2005

Dylan,

Are you calculating clusters on the fly? Do you need to? How about
having a clusters table, that is hooked to your base data table with
a trigger? That will be just as up-to-date as your base data, and
only have to do the calculations once per data update.

Paul

PS. A distance threshold "cluster" will return lots of unexpected and
unwanted results, which is why more sophisticated tricks have been
developed.