[postgis-users] Question about the postgis-1.1.0.spec file

Devrim GUNDUZ devrim at commandprompt.com
Mon Apr 3 18:05:11 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 14:07 +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:
> > When I launch the command : rpm -i postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm, I get
> under
> > the directory SOURCES, 3 files : postgis-1.1.0.tar.gz,
> > filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh, postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh.
> > Could you explain me why are the "filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh" and
> > "postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh" are include in the source rpm ? for what
> are
> > they used ?
>
> I think this question has to be answered by those people maintaining
> the RPM packaging, I've no idea.

It seems that I've missed to reply this e-mail. Sorry.

filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh is a shell script that we also use in
PostgreSQL RPMs to drop dependency problems caused by Perl. The second
one is another shell script that dedects jdbc version of PostgreSQL. We
use them while building the RPM.

Anyway, Fedora Extras 5 has PostGIS package and it is good to see that
package there. I encourage you to use that one.

Regards,
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/