[postgis-users] Question to canonical form and SRID

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Sat Apr 8 08:27:08 PDT 2006

Hello everybody, I`m Postgis-beginner
and I would like to know, if it`s possible
to get my geometry-entries automatically in the WKT-Form (and not in the
canonical-form) if I wan`t to look at them in pgadmin3?

I know, that I can use "SELECT AsText(the_geom) from xyz",
but I would like to see the text-from directly.

And a second question please:
How do I need to insert the geometry to get back an entry like:

"SRID=32632;POINT(3455632 6787989)".

So far, I have made it that I cann see in "the_geom"-> POINT(3455632
6787989)
and in the table geometry_columns is the SRID-Code written, but how can I
see the SRID directly in the geometry?

Thank you very much, Kai Behncke