[postgis-users] PostGIS on multiple schemas

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Jan 12 06:01:20 PST 2006

Hi, Arnaud,

Arnaud Lesauvage wrote:

> Now I have a new schema, and since all the postgis functions were
> created in the other one I have to reinstall them in this new one.
> I just added :
> SET search_path TO my_new_schema;
> on line 1 of lwpostgis.sql, but I have an error "ERROR:  cast from type
> bool to type text already exists".
>
> What is the correct procedure to install postgis functions in all the
> schemas of my database ?

Having different PostGIS installations in different schemas of the same
database is currently not supported.

Usually, one has the PostGIS installed in a global schema (public or
postgis for example), and then uses this global PostGIS definitions to
create spatial tables in all the user schemas.

Hth,
Schabi