[postgis-users] PostGIS on multiple schemas

Arnaud Lesauvage thewild at freesurf.fr
Thu Jan 12 05:10:41 PST 2006

Hi all !

I am trying to install postgis in different schemas in my database.

First I had only one schema (I have removed the public schema), so
I just ran lwpostgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql on my database
and everything went fine.

Now I have a new schema, and since all the postgis functions were
created in the other one I have to reinstall them in this new one.
I just added :
SET search_path TO my_new_schema;
on line 1 of lwpostgis.sql, but I have an error "ERROR:  cast from
type bool to type text already exists".

What is the correct procedure to install postgis functions in all
the schemas of my database ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

--
Arnaud