[postgis-users] Experiment: Glassfish/EJB3 and PostGIS

Bastian Voigt post at bastian-voigt.de
Fri May 11 11:37:48 PDT 2007

Gustavo, Rabbia,
thanks for your replies. As I have now found out, indeed it was a
problem with Toplink Essentials.
Apparently JDBC distinguishes between different types of NULL values.
There is a varchar null value, an integer null value, etc. etc. Toplink
tried to insert a "varchar null" instead of a "geometry null", which
lead to the error message.

I was able to solve this problem now by having toplink use the "NULL
NULL" value, i.e. a null value of type null.
Weird, but it did help ;-)

In case anyone is interested I can post my patch against toplink
essentials 1 Build 14.

Regards
Bastian