[postgis-users] A simple GeomFromText

mcompte at sigte.udg.es mcompte at sigte.udg.es
Wed Oct 31 13:55:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

I might have missed something, but I keep looking at it and can't
understand why the following keeps throwing an 'invalid geometry' error :(

Here's the table:

------------------------
CREATE TABLE asistentes
(
  gid int8 NOT NULL,
  nombre varchar(150),
  longitud float8,
  latitud float8,
  the_geom geometry,
  geometria geometry,
  CONSTRAINT asistentes_pkey PRIMARY KEY (gid),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_geometria CHECK (ndims(geometria) = 2),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_geometria CHECK (geometrytype(geometria) =
'POINT'::text OR geometria IS NULL),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_geometria CHECK (srid(geometria) = 4326)
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE asistentes OWNER TO postgres;
------------------------

The table is already populated and then I try updating one of the
geometries with:

------------------------
UPDATE asistentes SET geometria=GeometryFromText('POINT(1,1)', 4326) WHERE
gid=3;

And I get the following Explain comment?

La consulta insertó una fila con OID 0.

ERROR:  parse error - invalid geometry

The spanish line says something like 'the query added one row with OID 0'.
If anyone could shed some light on this I'd very much appreciate it :)

Marc