[postgis-users] Upload a shapefile to PostGIS via Web?

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Thu Aug 14 01:51:18 PDT 2008

Luigi et al,

If you use a Java environment, you would want to look at Geotools (can
parse shapefiles to Postgis)
and a servlet or JSP set-up for multi-part request processing on the
server. If you are familiar with
Groovy and Grails, I can recommend that to make the coding a lot easier.

GL

Xiaoyu Guan wrote:
> Hi Luigi:
>
> yes, I also see the problem, there are at least two steps, step1: zip
> all shapefile and upload. step 2: extract zip file, and import to
> certain database. Maybe there is one way or some people are already
> working on it. I am think whether possible translate OGR2OGR or
> Shp2pgsql into python or other languages, which user can runing the
> conversion part at server side. That s what I am thinking about the
> solution.
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> All the best
>
> Xiaoyu
>

> --
> Xiaoyu Guan (Sam)
> Geo-information Science
> Wageningen UR

Guido Lemoine
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 2749 TP 267 Ispra 21027 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent
the views of the European Commission