[postgis-users] Re: if i use postgis, is it true that i'll then have to worry about supporting only 1 database??

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Feb 8 08:53:20 PST 2008

"So, if you think direct editing of SDO_GEOMETRY from ArcGIS (a) works
and (b) works well then perhaps you have a case to believe that direct
editing of PostGIS is on the way too."

AFAIK: the answer to a) and b) is both no. You'll always need SDE in
between., if you use SDO_GEOMETRY.

I would love to be proven wrong though in this case :-)

Best regards,
Bart