[postgis-users] import large multipolygon

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Fri Jul 4 12:53:39 PDT 2008

I don't have any problems loading your sql file into my database
(running PG8.3.3, PGIS 1.3.3)

postgis=# \i testtable.sql
psql:testtable.sql:3: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit
sequence "testtable_gid_seq" for serial column "testtable.gid"
psql:testtable.sql:3: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create
implicit index "testtable_pkey" for table "testtable"
CREATE TABLE
                       addgeometrycolumn
  kneufeld.testtable.the_geom SRID:-1 TYPE:MULTIPOLYGON DIMS:2

(1 row)

postgis=# select ST_GeometryType(the_geom), ST_IsValid(the_geom),
ST_NPoints(the_geom) from testtable;
  st_geometrytype | st_isvalid | st_npoints
  ST_MultiPolygon | t          |       8655
(1 row)

-- Kevin