[postgis-users] PostGIS + Hibernate Quick Start

Alan Gutierrez alan at blogometer.com
Fri Mar 28 07:52:37 PDT 2008

Karel

Not sure how, but I managed to add hibernate spatial to my Maven
build, download it and run it in under five minutes. I don't have
much of a project yet, but Hibernate3 found my single entity bean and
generated DDL to create the table. A painless adoption. I'm floored.

It was a quick start indeed.

Norman

Thank you for your offer of support.

Everyone Else

Thank you to everyone who responded. Nice community.

FYI.  I'm creating a "mashup" (not sure how I feel about that word)
of the New Orleans recovery, using PostGIS + Hibernate + Google Maps
(or other). I'm inspired by what I've read of the BC Digital Road Atlas.

It's a strange environment here, where a lot of people are mapping
their neighborhoods as a matter of course. The city GIS is lacking
and maps are needed for funding and lobbying, so people are doing it
themselves. Looking to provide new visualizations for this grass
roots GIS.

Here are a bunch of GIS related posts.

http://thinknola.com/tag/gis/

Anyway, I hope that you'll be seeing more of me around these parts.
If anyone has any suggested reading please email me directly. I'd
sure appreciate it.

Alan

--
Alan Gutierrez | alan at blogometer.com | http://blogometer.com/ | 504