[postgis-users] Roadmap for next major release of PostGIS

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Wed May 28 17:19:03 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 19:19:05 Chris Hermansen wrote:
> I'm sad to see that a newer version of GEOS didn't make it to 8.04.  I
> If I'm wrong in my assumption - heck, maybe there are good reasons to
> prefer Geos 2.2.x against the most up to date release - please feel free
> to chastise me firmly!

You will find that almost all web-mapping/gis related packages in Ubuntu 8.04
are far from bleeding edge (GDAL 1.4.4, Mapserver 5.0, Mapnik 0.4) so I don't
think it is a single package slip-up but rather a choice for a whole bunch.
It might have to do something with 8.04 being a LTS (Long Term Support)
release, but don't take my word for it.