[postgis-users] noob question (:

Nandorov nandorov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:41:15 PDT 2008

hi,
i just installed postgresql and the postgis extention with the default user
'postgres'.
when i'm trying to use shp2pgsql at console, i have to input a password. I
put postgres password and then i receive the following error "psql: FATAL:
password authentication failed for user "Administrador" " i never create a
user Administrador. i assume that's my windows user name. (yes, spanish). i
tried again with my windows user name and its password, but it failed again.
How can i get the password? is there a file or something? (i guess the file
might be encrypted)  any help?

thanks