[postgis-users] [from Oracle to PostGIS] Tiger/Line files

Mulone andrea.ballatore at ucdconnect.ie
Mon Apr 27 15:29:59 PDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm porting an application based on OpenMap(tm) from Oracle Spatial to
PostGIS.
In the oracle db there are those schemas:

Schema: ATTRIBUTE_MAP
	* AREA_LDMK_TABLE
	* FEATURE_CCB$_TABLE
	* LANDMARK_TABLE
Schema: GEOMETRY_MAP
	* GEOM_POINT$_TABLE
	* GEOM_POLYGON$_TABLE
	* GEOM_POLYLINE_TABLE

The geo-objects stored in those schemas are loaded via spatial queries such
as:

select a1.polygon, a1.polyid from GEOMETRY_MAP.geom_polygon$_table
              a1, attribute_map.landmark_table a2,
attribute_map.area_ldmk_table a3
              where a1.polyid = a3.polyid and a2.land = a3.land and a2.land
in
              (select land from attribute_map.landmark_table where cfcc =

Those schemas contain a US county imported from a Tiger file. Does this
set-up ring a bell with you or is it just an arbitrary way of storing it?

I managed to load the Tiger content into PostGIS, but the structure is very
different and I don't know how to handle this correctly.

Thanks a million in advance!

Mulone