[postgis-users] pg_routing 1.02

Anton Patrushev anton at orkney.co.jp
Thu Aug 6 05:49:42 PDT 2009

Hi,

> Is there a technical reason why you don't recommend windows aside from the
> added effort of compiling against windows.  E.g. it just doesn't work under
> windows?

We just didn't test them. We can't tell that it works for everyone
only because it worked for David.

> We haven't tried it ourselves, but since we will be covering it in our book,
> we were planning to compile for windows once we got to that chapter and test
> under windows and linux.  If so of course we will be happy to provide
> binaries.

Great! We will be happy to put them on the website. Unfortunately
David silently disappeared from the community not so long time ago and
we just didn't make a copy of the binaries.

> I think a lot of people experiment on windows even if they eventually deploy
> on Linux so seems like an important target audience even if it doesn't
> perform quite as well under windows.

I agree. Also things like OSGeo4W can help to increase user base of
FOSS4G software stack.

Anton.