[postgis-users] PostGIS test failures

lighthousej at gmail.com lighthousej at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:46:06 PDT 2009

I installed PostgreSQL 8.4.0 and compiled in PostGIS 1.4.0 (GEOS 3.1.1 and
PROJ.4.6.1) for Solaris sparc machine, 32-bit binaries.

PostGIS didn't like being compiled partly by Sun's C compiler, cc. This
setting is stored within the PostgreSQL global makefile configuration.
I kept getting errors about unknown switches, etc... I edited the global
settings makefile with the GNU equivalent and everything compiled now.

I was just able to get the tests to run using the "make check" command and
only two tests failed, sql-mm-compoundcurve and sql-mm-curvepoly.

Rather than dumping the results immediately, here's the rundown:
I differ on lines 93-97 of sql-mm-compoundcurve where it's comparing five
different polygons.
On sql-mm-curvepoly, on lines 134-138, and lines 164 and 167 where more
polygons are being compared.

I tried googling for phrases here and there but I keep getting the commit
messages,commit diffs,etc...

Is there something I did incorrectly when I built PostGIS?

Thanks,
Nate