[postgis-users] attempt to deserialize a point which is really aInvalid type

Willy-Bas Loos willybas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:31:21 PST 2009

Hi, in a late reaction,

I ran into the same error when I tried to measure distance_sphere
between polygons. It only does points.
In PostGIS 1.3.3 I got the much clearer message: "ERROR:
lwpoint_deserialize: attempt to deserialize a point which is really a
Polygon"
Possibly, "a Invalid type" is to be interpreted as a GeometryType kind
of type. (and "location" in the example code is not a Point)

Cheers,

WBL

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all
others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw