[postgis-users] Compiling 1.4.0 SVN

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Mar 21 07:42:26 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I'm trying to compile the latest SVN snapshot, but I'm getting an error
I haven't seen before.  I'm on a relatively new F10 setup, which I
haven't done much compiling on...so maybe I'm missing a requirement of
some sort.  But I'm able to configure/compile 1.3.5 without any obvious
problem.  Here's the output at the end:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating liblwgeom/Makefile
config.status: creating liblwgeom/cunit/Makefile
config.status: creating postgis/Makefile
config.status: creating postgis/sqldefines.h
config.status: creating loader/Makefile
config.status: creating topology/Makefile
config.status: creating regress/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating postgis_config.h
config.status: executing libtool commands
sed: can't read ./ltmain.sh: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ./ltmain.sh: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `libtoolT': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `libtoolT': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `libtool': No such file or directory

Any guesses about where I'm going wrong?

Regards,
Mike