[postgis-users] (no subject)

rahul.pachaghare at tcs.com rahul.pachaghare at tcs.com
Wed May 13 00:22:41 PDT 2009

Hi..
Thank you for your reply....

the first few lines are:

 psql -d newpsqldb -f lwpostgis.sql -U postgres | less
psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so": libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
psql:lwpostgis.sql:50: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:56: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:62: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:70: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:88: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:94: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:100: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:106: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:113: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:131: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:137: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:143: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:149: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:159: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:170: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:176: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:183: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:189: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:196: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:202: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:209: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:215: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:222: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:228: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:235: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:241: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:247: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:253: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:259: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:265: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:272: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:278: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:285: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:291: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:299: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block

Thank you.

Regards,
Rahul Pachaghare
Member,TEG Open Source
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: rahul.pachaghare at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                  Business Solutions
                  Outsourcing

             strk
             <strk at keybit.net>
             postgis-users-bou         PostGIS Users Discussion
             nces at postgis.refr         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             actions.net               net>
                                                                        cc

             05/13/2009 12:21                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [postgis-users] (no subject)

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:56:45AM +0530, rahul.pachaghare at tcs.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to this and I am trying to install PostGIS -1.3.6.I have
followed
> the instructions upto createlang plpgsql..But for
>
> Now load the PostGIS object and function definitions into your database
by

> # psql -d [yourdatabase] -f lwpostgis.
>
> I am getting a huge errors.The errors are as:
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:3295: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands

You should be looking for the first error you get.
Guys, we should really document in the README the flag to tell
psql to abort on first error. I keep forgetting it.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!