[postgis-users] postgis.sql

Mark Vantzelfde netmasters.ma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:15:54 PDT 2009

BEGIN
psql:postgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  type "spheroid" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not load library
"/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib/postgresql/postgis-1.4.so": libgeos_c.so.1: cannot
psql:postgis.sql:59: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block

2009/9/10 Jorge Arévalo <jorge.arevalo at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> There should be more info about errors in the output. Could you
> copy&paste them here? If not, it's really difficult to help you
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Mark Vantzelfde
> <netmasters.ma at gmail.com> wrote:
> > After installing/configuring/making geos, proj4 and postgis from sources
> on
> > a new Linux system along with a fresh install of postgresql, I cannot run
> > the postgis.sql file. I am getting " ERROR:  current transaction is
> aborted,
> > commands ignored until end of transaction block" errors.
> >
> > When I ran configure for the postgis build, I had to specify the paths to
> > geos, proj.4 and postgresql so required libs might not be in the expect
> > locations. I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH but I am not certain what libs
> > are needed or where to find them on my system.
> >
> > Ideas on how to resolve?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mark Vantzelfde

Mark Vantzelfde