[postgis-users] Can't create topology schema/functions - PostgreSQL 9.0.1 & PostGIS 1.5.2

chlists at me.com chlists at me.com
Wed Dec 8 05:35:53 PST 2010

Hi list,
I would like to use topologies in PostGIS and just tried to create the topology schema from the latest PostGIS 1.5.2 download in a 9.0.1 postgresql database. As written in the README I ran:

make
psql mydb < topologies.sql

and also tested
psql mydb -f topologies.sql

but this gives me the following error messages:

ERROR:  schema "topology" does not exist
BEGIN
CREATE SCHEMA
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "topology_id_seq" for serial column "topology.id"
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "topology_pkey" for table "topology"
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index "topology_name_key" for table "topology"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CREATEFUNCTION"
LINE 1: CREATEFUNCTION topology.LayerTrigger()
        ^
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CREATEFUNCTION"
LINE 1: CREATEFUNCTION topology.RelationTrigger()
        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CREATEFUNCTION"
LINE 1: CREATEFUNCTION topology.AddTopoGeometryColumn(varchar, varch...
        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CREATEFUNCTION"
LINE 1: CREATEFUNCTION topology.ST_CreateTopoGeo(varchar, geometry)
        ^
ROLLBACK

Is the "topology" subdirectory not updated (I saw a message from strk on this list dated 01. Jul - http://old.nabble.com/PostGIS-topology-use---p29043207.html) which stated that it should work again in trunk. I have version
topology.sql.in.c 3687 2009-02-11 18:28:53Z pramsey. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Christian