[postgis-users] brake MPolygon to polygons

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Feb 1 01:14:18 PST 2010

Hallo If I understand you right you have multipolygons representing countries that you want splitted to single polygons. That is no problem but they will not fit in the same table since you will get additional rows. If you want to make a new table with this country polygons as single polygons you can do create table single_polygon_countries asselect (ST_Dump(the_geom)).geom as the_geom, countryID from original_country_table; I put countryID there, just to illustrate that you probably want to bring some id or name to the new table. That will be repeated for all single polygons from original multi polygon Hope that helpsNicklas

Dear colleagues,