[postgis-users] How to remotely edit a postgis db?

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 23:54:52 PST 2011

Hi,

with Quantum GIS v1.6.0 I just managed to connect and edit!!!
I don´t believe i because I was trying all last night and it wasn´t working?
ok...so it works! great!

As a newbie then, I have a questions?

How do I define different users to different tables in a database?...I was
thinking of creating various databases for different users. Could I then define
different user accounts/roles to the databases to ensure that only correct
person is able to edit his/her database?...for example I have a region with 10
counties. If I create 10 databases for each county, I could then assign 10 users
(county_1, county_2 ...county_10) to database_1, Database_2...Database_10 etc so
that the user "County_2" can only edit the database "County_2".

does that make sense? Is it feasable/doable?

yours,

Robert