[postgis-users] Basic cookie cutting of polys with polys

Andrew Kemp Andrew.Kemp at cadcorp.com
Tue Jul 5 07:05:33 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am getting confused after reading previous posts as to whether I should be looking for Difference, Symdifference or a straight forward ST_Intersection.

I am trying to cut the polygons in overlay POSTCODES with the polygons in overlay CUTTER and keep all the attributes from POSTCODES in the resultant output.  Both overlays I have decomposed so there are no multi-polygon items.

Is there a simple way to achieve this? And which method should I be using?

Many thanks for all your support
Andy

This email is confidential and may be privileged and should not be used, read
or copied by anyone who is not the  original intended recipient. If you have
received this email in error  please inform the sender and delete it from
your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Unless specifically stated,
nothing in this email constitutes an offer by Cadcorp and Cadcorp does not
warrant that any information contained in this email is accurate.
Cadcorp cannot accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the
sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Cadcorp or one of its agents.
Please rely on your own virus check. No responsibility is taken by Cadcorp
for any damage arising out of any bug or virus infection.