[postgis-users] st_transform crashes

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jul 31 10:24:01 PDT 2011

Bryan,

Not sure if you got the cc to the bug report I posted.

The issue seems to be that the:
http://spatialreference.org/ref/iau2000/49910/

Is lacking a proj4text -- PostGIS pretty much ignores everything in the
spatial_ref_sys except the proj4text column.  The rest of it is just
metadata for other tools.

So you need to figure out the comparable proj4text for this -- assuming
there is one.

It is a bug though that PostGIS even allows entries into the spatial_ref_sys
without coughing an error when proj4text is empty.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us