[postgis-users] How do you use PostGIS Raster?

Bryce L Nordgren bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Tue Jun 7 14:04:54 PDT 2011

postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net wrote on 06/07/2011 08:15:43
PM:

> The first step is a
> >"global" (image-wide) analysis. It was very slow when I tried it.
> What if you tiled your landsat in smaller tiles (100x100)?

I didn't get past the global analysis. On my little tutorial thing, the
step that took 8 hours before I killed it was:

DATABASE=> CREATE TABLE tmp_burned AS
DATABASE->  SELECT gid, ST_Collect(ST_Intersection(polygon, utm_geom)) as
tmp_burned
DATABASE->   FROM nbr_polygons, modis
DATABASE->   WHERE ST_Intersects(polygon, utm_geom)
DATABASE->   GROUP BY gid ;

This is under "Calculate burned area in polygon coverage" on:
https://collab.firelab.org/software/projects/modisfire/wiki/Calculating_histograms_with_PostGIS_Raster

Bryce