[postgis-users] Error when importing raster table

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Tue Mar 1 01:15:37 PST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Andreas Forø Tollefsen
<andreasft at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> As seen in a different post, I am working on some raster data. I have
> recently experienced a problem with processing of raster to tables using the
> gdal2wktraster.py tool.
> Any idea why this gives and error, and is it just a warning about integer vs
> float?
> C:\Python25>python gdal2wktraster.py -r
> c:\prio_grid\source\globcover\globlow.ti
> f -t globlow -s 4326 -k 50x50 -I -M -o globlow.sql
> gdal2wktraster.py:645: DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got
> float
>   hexstr = binascii.hexlify(struct.pack(fmt_little, data)).upper()
>  Summary of GDAL to WKT Raster processing:
> Number of processed raster files: 1
> (c:\prio_grid\source\globcover\globlow.tif)
> List of generated tables (number of tiles):
> 1       globlow (45360)
> C:\Python25>

Hi Andreas,

The SQL file has been generated. Could you load it into Postgres?

Anyway, I strongly recommend you to use the new version of PostGIS
Raster (WKTRaster was the old name). Now PostGIS Raster is part of
PostGIS, and is packed with it (not official version yet, you need to
check it out from repository). The old version you're using is no
longer maintained

Best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo