[postgis-users] Problem refreshing table list

Michaël Michaud michael.michaud at free.fr
Sun May 8 03:42:26 PDT 2011

Hi George,

As far as OpenJUMP is concerned, the problem could be that the
geometry_columns table is not updated, depending on how you created your
tables under PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
Using addGeometryColumn() function when you create your tables should
update the geometry_columns table automagically.

In OpenJUMP, while using Open > Database menu, only tables available in
geometry_columns are displayed
However, using Layer > Execute SQL query let you query your database
even if geometry_columns table is empty

Hope that helps

Michaël