[postgis-users] Tell your Story at FOSS4G NA

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Wed Feb 29 12:31:20 PST 2012

On 2/29/2012 2:12 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Hey all, I know I posted earlier about the deadline (which is
> tomorrow) for abstract submissions, but I wanted to stress how much
> the conference is looking for stories about folks putting these tools
> to use. Case studies, why open source worked for you, what your
> organization has gained from using open source tools... practical
> stuff, not even necessarily technical stuff. A story: we started here,
> we journeyed, there as a storm, we got through it, we arrived over
> there.
>
> Tell us your open source story:
>
> foss4g-na.org/abstract-submission/
>
> Thanks!
>
> P.

I cannot attend but I'd be happy to write up my story if somebody else
wanted to proxy present it for me.

We host many Iowa assessor sites, some with maps:

http://clay.iowaassessors.com/parcel.php?gid=1204

Not every county uses us for maps, but we have quite a few.  Site uses
Linux, Postgres, postgis, openlayers, perl, and apache.

-Andy