[postgis-users] error installing postgis on linux

Maria L. Wilson Maria.L.Wilson-1 at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 13 05:49:59 PDT 2015

thanks all....

our admin folks here modified the make & allowed it to work to install
to a "postgres owned" directory but then i got these errors when i was
trying to convert an older gis database....  have you ever seen this
before?

perl
/data_loc/postgresql-9.2.4/share/contrib/postgis-2.1/postgis_restore.pl
"/data_loc/home/postgres/dev1_imsmlw.dump" | psql dev1_ims
Converting /data_loc/home/postgres/dev1_imsmlw.dump to ASCII on stdout...
..
..
CREATE TYPE
ALTER TYPE
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.0": No such file or
directory
ERROR:  function public._st_raster2worldcoord(raster, integer, integer)
does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.0": No such file or
directory
ERROR:  function public._st_world2rastercoord(raster, double precision,
double precision) does not exist

thanks again....

--
Maria L. Wilson, SSAI