[postgis-users] error installing postgis on linux

Maria L. Wilson Maria.L.Wilson-1 at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 13 05:49:59 PDT 2015

thanks all....

our admin folks here modified the make & allowed it to work to install
to a "postgres owned" directory but then i got these errors when i was
trying to convert an older gis database....  have you ever seen this

"/data_loc/home/postgres/dev1_imsmlw.dump" | psql dev1_ims
Converting /data_loc/home/postgres/dev1_imsmlw.dump to ASCII on stdout...
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.0": No such file or
ERROR:  function public._st_raster2worldcoord(raster, integer, integer)
does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.0": No such file or
ERROR:  function public._st_world2rastercoord(raster, double precision,
double precision) does not exist

thanks again....

On 3/13/15 8:47 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:08:51AM -0400, Maria L. Wilson wrote:
>> I am installing postgis on a linux box and am getting the following
>> error on the make install part - any help would be appreciated!
> [...]
>> cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/lib/_inst.11278_':
>> Permission denied
> Ask your system administrator to install it for you or give you
> permissions.
> Some administrators (or default install) give powers via the "sudo"
> command, which lets you run a command as if you were an administrator.
> If that's the case, it will work with:
>   sudo make install
> Give it a try
> --strk;
>    ()   Free GIS&  Flash consultant/developer
>    /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

Maria L. Wilson, SSAI
NASA Langley Research Center
Hampton, Virginia 23681