[postgis-users] error installing postgis on linux

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Mar 13 08:19:23 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:49:59AM -0400, Maria L. Wilson wrote:

> perl /data_loc/postgresql-9.2.4/share/contrib/postgis-2.1/postgis_restore.pl
> "/data_loc/home/postgres/dev1_imsmlw.dump" | psql dev1_ims
> Converting /data_loc/home/postgres/dev1_imsmlw.dump to ASCII on stdout...
> ..
> ..
> CREATE TYPE
> ALTER TYPE
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.0": No such file
> or directory
> ERROR:  function public._st_raster2worldcoord(raster, integer,
> integer) does not exist
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.0": No such file
> or directory
> ERROR:  function public._st_world2rastercoord(raster, double
> precision, double precision) does not exist

If you pass -v to postgis_restore.pl you get more information about
what's being kept and skipped from the dump (they would be sent
to the standard error stream). The error above looks
like an object that's being kept while it shouldn't be
(_st_world2rastercoord).

You might file a ticket about this error on the PostGIS tracker,
specifying exact version of the PostGIS containing the postgis_restore.pl
script you're running (2.1.??) and possibly the version of postgis
that is included in the dump (2.0.??).

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/report

In any case you should not need to worry about them as they are telling
you the restore of those objects failed and that's exactly what you want.
Worst error is when restore of objects you don't want DO WORK, in that
you end up with an old version of a function without notice.

--strk