[postgis-users] QGIS + PostGIS in production environment

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 05:39:17 PDT 2017

I would not split each toposheet in a single database.

You could divide them using schemas or partitioned tables. With partitioned
tables PostgreSQL is smart enough to query a single toposheet at the time,
perhaps giving you a boost on the server.

The slow saving times might be mitigated by using the pooler and tuning.

First of all, you should plan an update on your versions.

The second step I would do is to tune the db.

We have a simple open source project called cartohelper (
gitlab.sigmageosistemas.com.br) that automates a lot of things for large
scale cartography. Validations, issues, etc, but its for an outdated qgis.

That might give you some ideas on how to organize your database.