Is there a guide on what and how to do with PostGIS configuration to speed up operations like interecting

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Mar 18 05:55:38 PDT 2024

There isn’t a single guide I can think of.

Generally the key factors I can think of for speeding intersects, are make sure you have spatial indexes in place, parallelization, and memory.

Here is one that details how to config params for parallelization

http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2019/05/parallel-postgis-4.html

here talks about general params, sadly some is a bit dated

https://postgis.net/docs/en/using_postgis_dbmanagement.html#build-indexes

https://postgis.net/docs/en/postgis_administration.html#database_tuning_configuration

Is there a guide on what  and how to do with PostGIS configuration to speed up operations like interecting?

Regards,

David