[OSRS-PROJ] Error when forward projection with a polar stereographic projecti on.. Please help.

Ray Bryan E 2Lt 314 OSS/OSW bryan.ray at littlerock.af.mil
Fri Dec 6 07:59:15 PST 2002

I have tried a forward projection with a stereographic projection with no
luck.
Are there any suggestions?
Here is what I entered in the command prompt.
proj +proj=stere +lat_ts=30d00N +lat_0=90 +lon_0=90d00W +k_0=1 +x_0=200
+y_0=200
Here is the error I'm getting...
projection initialization failure
cause: major axis or radius = 0 or not given
program abnormally terminated
Here is what I found on the remotesensing.org website for a stereographic
projection.
 +proj=stere +lat_ts=Latitude at natural origin

              +lat_0=90

              +lon_0=Longitude at natural origin

	      +k_0=Scale factor at natural origin (normally 1.0)

              +x_0=False Easting

              +y_0=False Northing

I'm trying to do a forward projection with a polar stereographic projection.
Any advise would be welcomed.
Thank you
Bryan Ray