[Proj] +axis switch to control axis orientation

support.mn at elisanet.fi support.mn at elisanet.fi
Wed Mar 10 00:36:57 PST 2010

Hello,

> I'm a bit lost with regard to what you want.  It is my intention to document
> the +axis at:
>
>    http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/wiki/GenParms

Ok, I was thinking those proj4 standard documents in pdf format. Somebody
should add somthing to those? But if it is already on a web page it should be
simple to take a pdf print out. There is a need for a complete single document
(or set of documents) that cover all (also the latest) details. Just add a pdf (print
out) to those there are?

I would edit a complete proj4 single pdf document out of those there are and
update it regulary as new versions come out. Now the documentation is here
and there split all over the world.. not a very user friendly approach? (Given
enough time)

>  > New features could be separated using new names with improved functions
>  > so that old compilations would continue to be as they were?
>
> The +axis feature should have no impact on those using the library who do
> not incorporate +axis into their coordinate system descriptions.

Yes, that works also.

Regards: Janne