[Proj] Help w/Timbalai 1948

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Sun Jul 29 12:20:57 PDT 2012

Oscar,
I agree, except that I used the old proj command instead of cs2cs, so I didn't
get any datum shift.

But I can do

> cs2cs +init=epsg:4326 +to +init=epsg:29872 -f "%.3f"

114.4   4.175

1717442.731   1516073.010   -151.645

to perform the datum shift, too. Again, this agrees pretty well with your result,
but not exactly.

By the way, the datum shift one gets from +init=epsg:29872 is the one EPSG calls
"Timbalai 1948 to WGS 84 (4)" or EPSG:1852, with accuracy 5 meters,
and Area of Use: East Malaysia - offshore South China Sea.

Regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden