[PROJ] About PROJ.6: C source sample

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Apr 2 00:45:46 PDT 2019

Hi all,

In the last week I was working on integrating PROJ.6 support
in SpatiaLite, and I noticed few glitches probably worth
to be discussed.
For the sake of clarity I'll send a distinct post for
each singe glitch.

-------

First of all I noticed something disturbing in the
C source sample at Chapter 10.1 "Quick Start".

printf ("longitude: %g, latitude: %g\n", b.lp.lam, b.lp.phi);

this is someway misleading, because it prints longitudes
and latitudes expressed in Radians; I suppose that the
following patch printing angular coords in Degrees would
be more appropriate:

printf ("longitude: %g, latitude: %g\n",
     proj_todeg(b.lp.lam), proj_todeg(b.lp.phi));

it's not really a big issue, but it may be disturbing,
unclear or puzzling for developers having their first
approach with PROJ.6 (as it happened to me).

bye Sandro