[PROJ] About PROJ.6: Radians or Degrees ?

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Tue Apr 2 05:32:39 PDT 2019

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 10:52:25 +0000, Kristian Evers wrote:
>> Kristian, perhaps the documentation should explicitly mention that
>> angular
> here must be understood as radian ?
>
> Yes, I agree. I'll update the docs for those two functions right
> away.

Hi Kristian and Even,

thanks a lot for your clarifications.
As far as I'm concerned this definitely resolves any trouble;
calling proj_angular_input() and/or proj_angular_output()
effectively is all that is required in order to safely determine
if coordinate values must be passed (or returned) expressed in
Radians or Degrees.
it's nice and effective.

the documentation absolutely needs to be expanded/clarified;
I personally spent several hours attempting to resolve this
puzzling issue because my mind was stuck in intending
"angular" as a synonym for "geographic/latlong/longlat",
so I was completely unable to figure out that it was
intended to really mean "radians".

bye Sandro