[PROJ] Complete list of unit names?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 8 01:10:47 PDT 2019

Nyall,

> I'm trying to source a complete list of possible values for
> out_unit_name which may be returned by proj_cs_get_axis_info. So far
> I've encountered values like: "degree", "metre" and "US survey foot".
>
> Can anyone point me to a complete list of values which may be returned
> by this function?

It depends how the CRS was built.
If it is built from a WKT string, it could be in theory anything.
If it is built from a EPSG code, this will be one of the name in the data/sql/
unit_of_measure.sql file
If it is built from a PROJ CRS string, it will be the 3rd column of the
inearUnitDescs[] array at
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/src/iso19111/io.cpp#L6030