[PROJ] [PROJ 6.0.0] Different behaviors for creating a transformation of type EPSG:9616

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Apr 30 07:19:44 PDT 2019

On mardi 30 avril 2019 14:02:50 CEST Didier Richard wrote:
> 1.- Does not work either with
> "urn:ogc:def:coordinateOperation:IGNF::SG1250". I guess because of the
> authority ?

no just a typo. Missing T before SG1250

> 3.- Ok, I thought that operations located in other_transformation table were
> of type PJ_TYPE_OTHER_COORDINATE_OPERATION. Do you have an example of an
> operation for which the type is PJ_TYPE_OTHER_COORDINATE_OPERATION ? I
> found nothing in the test/ directory checking this.

For example, if you would do a transformation from a CompoundCRS to another
CompoundCRS (or a Geographic3D CRS) with both horizontal and vertical
transformations, there is nothing in ISO:19111 to model the composite of both.
So there's an internal PROJ C++ class, PROJBasedOperation, whose type would be
exposed as PJ_TYPE_OTHER_COORDINATE_OPERATION