[PROJ] Proj6 Docs

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Feb 16 11:03:46 PST 2019

> On Feb 16, 2019, at 10:24 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> Answering this question and the one about X/Y order.
>
> Yes PJ objects can be of different kinds and do not all play well with all
> functions.
>
> proj_crs_get_coordinate_system(), as the name implies, expects a PJ object of
> type CRS, but proj_create_crs_to_crs() returns a PJ object of type Coordinate
> Operation / pipeline
>
> So you should call proj_crs_get_coordinate_system() on the result of
> proj_create("EPSG:4326") instead.

Hum. Right now I’m creating and caching the result of proj_create_crs_to_crs(). If I get two PJ from proj_create() is there a way to create an “optimum pipeline” ala proj_create_crs_to_crs() using two PJ as the start/end points, instead of two strings?

> Or, after the commit I just pushed, you can extract the source CRS from the
> pipeline with proj_get_source_crs() (but only if you've created the pipeline
> with proj_create_crs_to_crs(). Not if you created it with
> proj_create("+proj=pipeline ...") )

Any chance you could also add proj_get_dest_crs() to pick the CRS off the end of a pipeline? Then I’d be able to read off the two things I need from the pipeline PJ I already have in my cache...

> Regarding the proj6 docs, they will be online as soon as it is promoted. You
> can build them locally with "make html" in the docs/ directory. The output
> will be in docs/build/html/

Thanks!