[PROJ] PSC Motion: require SQLite 3.11 as minimum version

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 7 09:14:49 PST 2019

On jeudi 7 novembre 2019 17:49:26 CET Thomas Knudsen wrote:
> +1
> (convinced by the evidence and reasoning provided by Greg and Bas, although
> it would be nice if we in any practical way could "suggest", rather than
> "require" >=3.11)

No, this is really a functional requirement to get nominal behaviour of the
library. Otherwise runtime experience will be terrible (it is not like running
with older sqlite is 10% slower. It is 1 to 2 order of magnitude slower. see
the ticket) and people will complain. If people really want to run against
older versions, they can easily change configure.ac/CMakeLists.txt to remove
the check, but at least they will know that they're doing risky games and
hopefully they won't complain to community forums that it is slow.